Monday, January 31, 2005

"Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You're fuckin' up the rotation."

Well, Sunday I was feeling good about my neck pain. I have been stretching it like I learned in physical therapy and using an ice pack at night for the swelling. Oh yeah, and taking Aleve like it is going out of style. The pain was dull and the main issue was stiffness, so I went to the gym.

I started with free weights and worked out my chest and back. Then I hit the spin cycle. I have decided to gradually increase the amount of time and slow down my pace when spinning. I rode it for 40 minutes. I would have done an hour but the battery was dead in my MP3 player and I got bored. Check out my old post and you will see 40 minutes of cardio on the spin cycle is double my norm. Next time out I hope to do an hour!

What about today you ask? Well the evil neck pain devil is back. I woke up wrong this morning or something and when I lifted my self out of bed, BAM, instant jolt of pain to the neck. It is real stiff and painful today and it sucks! No gym for me. I plan to walk the dog and that is about it. You should know when I walk the dog it is more like an almost run for 2 miles. I will stretch like crazy this afternoon & ice like crazy tonight in hopes of knocking this thing out and getting back to it.

Off to the dog walk. I am out. Later.

2 comments:

yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Came across your blog today. Good stuff. Hope your back is better now.

Noticed you are a college basketball fan. Hoping you could kindly add a link to my College Basketball Blog, http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd greatly appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding a link from my site to yours.

Thanks kindly!

Yoni Cohen, College Basketball Blog
http://collegeball.blogspot.com

Arron said...

Great site on college hoops. I got you linked up and ready to rock and roll. You post on Pierce has got me fired up! Keep the news coming. Later.