Thursday, February 14, 2008
it may be time for a visit to the doctor as for the past three weeks i dont feel like i am progressing. i mean, it should eventually go away, right? i am not even running for gosh darn almighty.
i am speaking of that evil doer, the left IT Band. it feels better then it has, but the burning and ache is still there. in fact, it seems to have migrated into my buttocks? what the heck is that all about?
having a desk job does NOT help. by the time afternoon hits the thing is crazy tight and burning. yeah, i get up and walk around as much as possible. yeah, i even take some time to actually shut my office door and stretch. yeah, that was kind of a shameless brag that i have an office with a door.
i have issues with doing nothing. i have been hitting the trainer 3 times a week for an hour each time. i have been doing my core workout once a week and plan to ramp it up to twice a week as the season approaches. i just cant do nothing.
this thing doesnt effect my cycling like it does the running. however, it will be a factor. when i want to push it on the trainer, or say on a ride with 20,000 feet of climbing, i can feel it tighten up. the pain obviously limits my ability to go hard. i am at a loss.
this is my blog and i have approved this crabby post.
Monday, February 04, 2008
alright, lets get on with 2008. i have plans to cycle and cycle a lot. there will be some running if and when the left IT Band allows it.
so far i have filled my 2008 calander with these events:
- BFNIC Spring Classic, 4/27. A 62 mile ride in New Glarus, WI this year. No goal, but to enjoy. (ok, and to keep up with Recursive)
- JBC Sudden Century, 5/4. First century (100 miles) of the season. Goal is to survive the wind.
- Soldier Field 10, 5/24. A ten mile run with the finish on the 50 yard line! Goal is to stomp my buddy. The same buddy who talked me into, then backed out of, the Chicago Marathon.
- Udder Century, 6/1. Another 100 miler. Goal is sub 5 hour ride time.
- JBC 4th Metric, 7/4. A 62 mile ride I use for RAIN training. This means fast and limited stops.
- RAIN, 7/12. One Way, One Day, 160 miles. Goal is to better last years most excellent time.
- Dairyland Dare, 8/16. The big ride for 08. It's 300K (186 miles) with over 20,000 feet of climbing. Holy Crap Batman. Did I just type that!?@?
- Psychos Century, 8/24. I may go for the 124 mile route this year.
- Psimet Invitational, 9/27. 100 miles with the BFNIC gang.
- Harvest 5k Run, 9/28. Not sure if it is doable a day after 100 mile ride, but I like challanges.
- Gobbler Hobbler 10k Run, 11/8. I love the fall running season. I hope the body cooperates.
- 3000 Cycling Miles for the year.
i think that about covers it. there will be some fun training rides up in Wisconsin for sure. maybe a cycling race in August? maybe a few more Fall running events? right now i am focused on my basement, buidling my cycling base, and my basement.
peace out. later.