Wednesday, January 26, 2005

"I know you. You know you. And I know you know that I know you."

Injuries are a part of sports. Yes, I am injured and bumming.

I have this neck thing that flares up on me every now and then. I have constant dull pain in my left shoulder blade that runs up into my neck and down my left arm. I had an MRI last year and I have small disc herniations at every level of my spine. When it flares up I get sharp shooting pains and very stiff on the left side. Its a classic case of disc pinching on nerve and shooting pain into neck. I have done physical therapy. I do some home stretching but not enough and sometimes, BAM, it blows up on me real good.

So, I ice at night to reduce swelling, stretch it real good in the a.m., and take lots of Aleve. It sucks and any quick movements kill!! I took Tuesday and today off. I am hoping that tomorrow I can get it stretched out enough to atleast do some cardio at the gym.

I am out. Later.

No comments: