Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ride Time

Temps were projected to hit 50 degrees today so I managed to make some time for a road ride. This would be my first significant ride with all the new upgrades. Hey, including my upgrade, er downgrade maybe, to 217 pounds.

I got this kick ass new Polar CS200cad cyclocomputer that tracks everything but the stock market. First though, it was more like 45 degrees at ride time with a nice chilly 15 mph wind out of the North East. It felt like 40 and the 8 miles into the wind were a killer.

The stats please: 17.8 miles, 1 hr 8 mins ride time, 15.8 avg speed, 26.7 max speed, 151 avg heart rate with a 191 max, 79 avg cadence with 100 max, and 1130 calories burnt. Holy crap that's a lot of numbers from such a tiny wireless device. Now I just need someone to tell me what they mean for a 32 yr old 217 lb male????

The bike road sweet. The 105 components shifted like butter. It was kick arse going 25 mph on average with the wind!

I didn't run into any pig heads, insert one of my favorite daily reads Jeff Kerkove , but did see one other roadie out. He was flying with the wind as I was chuggintg into it. Seriously, that is a picture of a pigs head. Later.

No comments: