Friday, May 05, 2006

On The Road Again...

Finally, after 6 days off the bike I managed a little me-and-the-bike time yesterday. I know you are wondering........Yes it is still very windy in the Midwest.

I planned to get at least 40 miles in and should have done 60. See, I have a Century coming up this Sunday. Yep, a planned and organized group ride of 100 miles in one day! I do not think I have enough training or saddle time to do the full 100 miles. They do offer other routes of 30, 50, or 70 miles. I think my goal will have to be 70. We shall just wait and see what comes.

Ok, the ride, it was nice and sunny, 55 degrees, and windy! Some Ride Stats for your pleasure:

47.5 miles, 2 hours 49 minutes, 16.8 mph average with 28.1 max, 80 average cadence with 113 max, 134 average heart rate with 156 max, and 2130 calories fried.

Not too bad for a rookie. Weather is crappy and cold today. I plan some low intensity treadmill time today for recovery and hopefully a short ride tomorrow morning in prep for the Century, err, 70 mile ride. Wish me luck. Later.

No comments: