Saturday, February 10, 2007

Eight Crazy Nights............

If you are anywhere near the Midwest part of this great county then you know it is COLD! It has been really cold for that last 14 days or so. Prior to my run on Friday it was all treadmill all the time. Mostly on my POS dreadmill in the basement. I must admit most of my runs this week were late, after dinner, as work and life kept us busy. So, I can not totally blame the cold. I got the miles in though and that is what counts.

It was Eight straight runs inside on a treadmill and I wanted no more of it. Plus, I have this cool new Garmin Forerunner 305 that I just had to try out. It was cold and I fell just short of the planned 4.5 miles, but the pace was fast and it felt real good. The 305 is off the hook sweet! Yes, I like it.

Today I finally completed a real cross training session. I had some time and hit the gym where I logged a nice and easy 50 minutes on the stationary upright bike. As you can see, if you check out my training log in the right hand sidebar, it was a moderate effort/pace for 15 miles. It is exciting to see how easy I could pedal off 15 miles at that pace. This running stuff could really get my cycling season off to a quick start.

Tomorrow is long run day. Seven Miles is the plan. At 9am it will be 14 degrees feeling like 1 degree. I can NOT wait to hit the road. The goal is to hold the pace back to 9 or 9:30.

Anyone out there try or eat Kashi Foods? Currently I am a Kashi fanatic as I try to clean up my diet even more. They make awesome chewy and crunchy granola bars. My current favorites are Pumpkin Spice and Peanut Butter. Plus, I dig the waffles and various cereals. They make great tasting natural food without highly refined sugars, artificial additives, or preservatives, which makes for a better me. Check them out.

Later.

No comments: