Thursday, September 21, 2006

On to the Next Thing.......

5K Training time. Yes, I am running this Sunday in a 5K race. Just something I wanted to give a try. I am not out to win, but I am not out to finish last. I just want to push myself and do something I thought impossible ten months ago and run 3.1 miles at ONE time.

I really have no idea how to prepare for this event. I have done some research and received some great advice, but this is all new to me. I ran two miles Monday on the Treadmill in 16 minutes. Yesterday, after work, I did some street running with the Edge 305. This is a cycling computer, but small enough that I can carry it in my hand to track my runs.

5K Training Run

I ran the first 2.5 miles and walked the last 1/2 mile. I was getting a serious side pain and didn't want to blow up in a training run. My pace for the first two miles was really decent for me, a cyclist.

My goal for the 5K is 24 minutes, but anything under 27 minutes will be a success. I know 3.1 miles doesn't seem like much, but if you are not a runner, try it and you will think differently. I am in shape, but running is just so darn hard.

I hope to take a nice little 30 mile cycling ride this morning as my bike looks so lonely out in the garage. Then it will be a light run Friday, a light spin on the bike Saturday morning, then the big run. Should be fun. Later.

No comments: