Friday, November 17, 2006

Next Up....

This weekend it is a 5k. It will be my 3rd race and second 5k. The first was a 24 minute finish, but a finish were I felt like I had plenty of gas left in the tank. I am learning that a 5k is like a sprint. Well, sprint meaning I should be at or near max effort for the entire 3.1 miles. That is my plan this time around around and the goal is a lofty 23 minutes or 7:25 pace. Yep, a minute faster then the September 5k. We shall see.

Running this week has been good. I have logged 10 miles so far and plan 2 to 4 more today. I think I would like to do 1 mile of all out effort with 1 mile of warm/cool down combined. Or maybe I will get Eddie Vedder, the dog, out for fast paced Rat Terrier Style walking?

No matter what I do toady or how I finish Sunday, I am feeling good and enjoying this being in shape stuff. Later.

No comments: