Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last Week In Running....

It went rather well. I was busy with family and work, but managed to stay mostly on target. No new nagging injuries. In fact the left knee and ankle felt pretty good. The long run and total distance was scaled back just a bit as I planned a long organized ride for Sunday.

The Breakdown:
Runs: 4
Avg. AHR: 148.7
Total Time: 03:39:54
Avg. Mi Pace: 9:08
Total Dist.: 24.0 Mi
Total Cal. Burned: 3322

Tuesday = 2.56 @ 9:45 pace. Plan was 4, but work & family had me getting a late start. I got to the gym at 8:30 pm to quickly discover they close at 9 in the summer!@?!

Wednesday = 7.14 @ 9:06. Plan was 7. Morning run at 7:50 am. Mid run the sun and humidity awoke to make the second half difficult.

Thursday = 4.11 @ 8:31. Plan was 3ish. Headed out before dinner and in between tornado warnings. The weather made it a speedy effort!

Saturday = 10.23 @ 9:16. Plan was 10. Afternoon run fueled by pizza & birthday cake. Yep, I headed out after the birthday bash.

Sunday = 68.54 @ 17.2 mph avg. Bike Psychos organized ride. I opted for the Metric to prevent from totally thrashing my legs. First half was quick and fast. Second half was a toughie, but I figured it would go this way with the limited saddle time this month. Great Weather!!

This week the long run will be a PR, distance wise, for me. Of course, that is assuming I make the scheduled distance. It will be a most excellent test of my current running abilities!!

Finally, I would like to confess that I have been eating Pizza and Birthday cake for three days straight. Today, I hope to break this evil addiction. That is all. Later.

No comments: