Sunday, August 19, 2007

This Week In Running.....

When I was a kid I loved baseball. Playing it, watching it, cheering the beloved Cubs, collecting baseball cards and watching This Week In Baseball on Saturday mornings. Not so much anymore. The game has changed. Players have become superhuman freaks. I don't even know if the show is even on any more?

Anyway, my week of running was solid. Remember I am a bit late into the marathon training game. That being said, it's not like I am trying to go from couch to 26.2 miles. I do respect the marathon! :)

Last week I cut the mileage back a bit as I was having some nagging left knee and ankle pain. It worked. This week the knee and ankle feel good. I continue to ice them down after each effort. A couple of ice baths here and there also do wonders. I can not preach the benefits of ice baths or ice packs enough. They will keep you in the game.

This week I ran a marathon. I had four runs for 26.27 miles. Fooled you a bit, didn't I !?! The numbers (compliments of Buckeyeoutdoors.com) break down like this:


Runs:4
Avg. MHR: 162.0
Avg. AHR: 146.8
Avg. Time: 00:59:33
Total Time: 03:58:13
Avg. Speed: 6.6 MPH
Avg. Mi Pace: 9:04
Avg. Dist.: 6.6 Mi
Total Dist.: 26.3 Mi
Avg. Cal. Burned: 906.5
Total Cal. Burned: 3626


Today it was the long run. I logged 11 miles at a 9:12 pace. It went well. I got up at 6am to eat and drink java. I was out the door at 7am. It was cloudy and a cool 60 degrees. Body parts were getting tight near the end, but I had gas in the tank. I could have pushed it to 13 or 15 with no issue (I think). However, the weekly mileage is high for me. With several weeks left I have plenty of time to ease into that long run of 20 miles.

Hope your week of running went well too. Later.

No comments: