Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Present Tense

Time to stop dwelling on the past and focus on the future. 2007 is well under way, so let's get some work done.

I like goals. I like stating my goals. It makes them real. It makes me accountable.

2007 Goals

3/18/07 March Madness Half Marathon 13.1 Mile Hilly Course. Already Registered.

6/16/07 Horribly Hilly Hundreds 124.2 Miles with 10,700 feet of elevation gain.

7/14/07 Ride Across Indiana 160 Miles, One Way, One Day.

10/7/07 The Chicago Marathon 26.2 Miles. Already Registered.


Mileage goals for the year will likely just happen as part of my training, but they are 2007 cycling miles and 703 running miles.

I plan to ride several other centuries (The Sudden, The Udder, The 4th Metric, The Psycho's Double, & The BFNIC), but these are open for consideration due to family and this new commitment to running.

As you can see I have become or WANT to become a runner. Why? Well, I am enjoying running as the temps have turned colder. AND, I have two lifelong friends that will partake in this Marathon Journey with me! It should be very interesting.

This year will be different then last year. I will start this year physically fit. In fact I start this year being in the best shape of my life. My current half marathon training has me up to 20 miles a week. I very much look forward to Spring Time and hopping on the bike to see where I am at as a cyclist.

What are you 2007 goals? Will I see you at any of these events? Now get back to training. Later.

No comments: