Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ride on Cowboy..........

This past Saturday I was up until 3am playing Holdem with the guys. I wasn't drinking just playing and eating. I had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a Buritto as big as your Head around 11pm. Not sure why I had the buritto.

So on to the next day and my Road Bike Ride. I hoped for 20 miles, but figured the previous night was going to set me back. Around mile 7 I started to experience stomach issues. Yes, those kind of stomach issues. Issues that lead to arse problems. I am out on a country rode with not a bathroom facility in site. I am off the bike and crippled over with stomach cramps. Yes I have to poop and poop immediately. I try to ride it out, Oh the bumps hurt. Finally, I took a chance and did the unthinkable............I did number two on the side of the road in some brush. Let me see, poo in the tight bike shorts or drop'em and do the two on side of road........Easy call right??

OK so I did finish that Sunday ride. It was 14 miles with a 14.7 mph avg and 25 mph max. Good times. This ride made for 35 miles last week.

Today I managed a quick 13 miles with a 15.2 mph avg, 23.5 mph max and 51 minutes ride time. The damn head wind was a killer and I still don't have a solid into the wind technique.

Just remember to skip the buritto and late night poker if you plan to exercise the next day. Later.

No comments: