Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Ride...............

Got all the gear loaded up on my new Trek 1000 road bike. Seat bag or ass bag as the wife calls it, water bottle cages, and CatEye Mitty 8 cyclocomputer to tell me how much or little I am hitting it. Then it was off into the sunset. I headed west and at mile 5 I realized something horrible. The more west I went then the more east I had to go to get back home. This aint the gym where I can get off the bike and head home when ever I want. You got to ride the damn thing home.

Well, I was also very exhausted and figured 10 miles would be a good first ride. For some reasons I had visions of 50 mile rides dancing in my head today??? It was 10.85 miles in 43 minutes with a 15.2 mph avg and 22.5 max speed. Who knew that at age 31 a guy could have so much fun riding bikes?

Hope to ride tomorrow, but the freakin boss is off which means I get his duties. Ha I said duties. Could make for a long day or I could just delegate! Yes that is the choice, Delegation for all task and task alike.

Later.

No comments: