Monday, September 10, 2007

Long Run, The Stats & Story.......


Distance = 16.02 miles
Time = 02:30:27
Pace = 09:23
Avg HR = 146
Max HR = 156
Calories Toasted = 2227

First, Sunday was a great morning to run. It was 60 degrees, sunny and clam. Well, I departed at 6:15am as soon as daybreak hit, but by the end of the run the sun was in full glory. I went without music the first 11 miles and just soaked in the beauty and clam of this morning. Crazy I know.

My plan (which really is my plan taken a bit from Higdon and FIRST) called for 15. For some reason I had 16 on the brain. So, I did 16 miles. I slowed/stopped twice (miles 8 & 13) for my water & Hammer Gel drops and once (mile 11) to tinkle. I think walking through the water stations at Chicago is the way to go. Despite thinking I am coordinated I always miss the mark when attempting to drink while running?!?

I was really tight at the end of the run. Like barely could bend over tight. I spent a solid 30 minutes stretching. Then 10 minutes in a cold bath. Then a cold shower. Then I ate and ate and ate and napped and ate and ate and watched Da BEARS and ate. Today I have aches and pains, some new some old.

The results of this effort were positive. However, I am not sure how the heck I can run another 10 miles. I don't think I could have yesterday. I mean 26.2 miles is a long way. The pounding the body takes is just crazy. Mentally and cardiovascular wise I can handle it. BUT, will one of my legs fall off? Will my hip or knee spontaneously exlode :) ???

OK, done with that and on to this week. This week seems key. The weekend will bring THE 20 MILER. The logistics of the solo self supported 20 miler scare me. So, I signed up for the CARA Ready To Run 20 Miler. It will be an awesome run along the entire Chicago Lake Front. They provide pacers, water stations, the route, shuttle back to your car and food at the end. I just have to show up and run. I like that thought.

Later.

No comments: