Thursday, April 08, 2010

Burnham Spring Super Crit

» Date 3/27/2010

» Name of event Burnham Spring Super Crit

» Format of event Criterium (Autobahn Race Track)

» Number of riders 38 in CAT 5

» Placing 22

» Distance 14.88 miles

» Time 00:41:19

» Average speed 22 mph

» Average Power 197w / Max Power 886w

» Notes on conditions, key moments and why I didn’t do better: Sunny, but cold for 8:30am start. 2 hour drive to S. Beloit. First real race and not the typical 4 corner crit style. More subtle and wide on the race track. I felt good. I lead going into the last turn, but worked too hard to get there and sat up as everyone flew past. Needed to wait longer. Fitness is there.


----------------------------------------------------


» Date 3/27/2010

» Name of event: Burnham Spring Super Crit

» Format of event: Criterium (Autobahn Race Track)

» Number of riders: 45 in Masters 30-39

» Placing: 37

» Distance: 17.11 miles

» Time: 00:41:00

» Average speed: 25 mph

» Average Power: 208w / Max Power 940w

» Notes on conditions, key moments and why I didn’t do better: Second Race of the day and my career @ 10:50am. The goal was to hang on to the main pack since Masters is an open CAT. Faster pace, but easy for Masters, I was told. Group stayed together with no breaks and I handled the surges. Need to be more in the pack for experience.

No comments: