Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Week In Running

Since my successful 20 miler on 9/16 I have struggled physically and mentally to get back in the game. This is my first go around at Marathon Training and the 20 mile effort was a real big deal. The fact that my longest run ever was an organized race like event added to the build up. I mean I ran freaking 20 miles along the Chicago Lake Front. Pretty cool.

Physically, I have been sore and slow to recover. I got sick with some cold/flu like symptoms that are still lingering. My (and i really mean mine) training plan started the Taper last week. Mentally I was running confused. I slowly struggled through the efforts. I kept thinking "WTF?" this is my Taper and it should be fantastic. Right?

It all blew up on my Saturday run. I just did not want to run 13 miles. I did 20 already! Isn't this long run crap over yet?!@! Nope, I was looking at another 2 hours on the road. I knew that the poor eating and drinking decisions I made Friday and Saturday morning were NOT going to help either. I was right.

Of course, I drowned those running blues in burgers and beer Saturday night. Blah, Blah, Cry, Cry..............I know...........Toughen Up.

I feel better. I think? Maybe? Do You?

This week the running looks easy. It goes 4 - 6 - 3 - 8. I have other issues though. No not that crying crap above. The BFNIC is having their Fall Invitational Ride. These are my guys. I may even be an unofficial founding father of the group. AND I miss them :). The turnout is looking to be a most excellent one. The route options are 32, 62, or 100 miles. So, running world unite and tell me how dumb it is to cycle 32 miles SEVEN days before your first Marathon?

Later.

No comments: