Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Weekday Ride.....

I get great pleasure riding my bike on my employers time. Anyway, I managed a nice little ride this afternoon. Little ride use to mean maybe 10 to 15 miles, but this is a new year.

The ride was 29.5 miles in 1 hour 40 minutes, 17.5 mph avg speed with 24.5 max, 138 avg heart rate with 161 max, 80 avg cadence with 98 max, and 1346 calories exhausted.

The legs felt great, but my neck and lower back were tight. I do have some chronic neck issues from years of bad posture and it was also bothering me. I did stretch it out prior to the ride and plan some more before bed. I am thinking a message may be in order to work some of the kinks out of the neck before my century on May 7th. If anything holds me down it will be this physical issue I think.

Next ride is the big one planned for the weekend. I need a solid 50 to 75 miles completed to feel good going in to the century. Ride on. Later.

No comments: